Thursday, September 27, 2012

Early Christmas ... Crochet Jingle Bell garland

I can not wait for Christmas to get here. I love everything
about the season. The colors, smells, decorations, Christmas trees, ALL OF IT.
 
I was trying to come up with an Early Christmas project to kick
things off in September. Heehee, just don't want to wait.
My hubs starts next week getting all the lights and decorations
for the town started (yes you read that right - next week already)
We live in a small town (not even a Wal-mart & not even one craft shop) ...
it is a sad fact. :(
Well Christmas is a HUGE deal here however. We are well known for our
street lights and for the Christmas lights (I say it this way
cause I swear we have more street lights than Atlanta.
You could probably see our town from space on a clear night.
 
Okay so back to point. I LOVE CHRISTMAS and want to make something
festive. So, I was browsing Pinterest (heehee) for an easy & fast
idea. Just a little something to do.
 
Here is what I found -
click photo to original link for this project
 
I knew immediately I have everything needed for this project.
I had just recently rediscovered a baggie full of bells
and I knew I wanted to use my Shimmer yarns in Red and Green.
 
Shiny silver bells and sparkle yarn - how festive.
This project is quick and easy. Chain stitch is all it takes.
The hardest part was pushing the bells down the yarn
CONSTANTLY, only cause I used 20+ for mine.
I plan to make several of these both in red and green yarn to
drape on our Christmas tree OR to decorative elsewhere.
I will also use smaller strands to wrap around presents.
That will be so festive under the Christmas Tree.
 
 
what I used

I used some floss, tied it on the yarn to aid in
threading the bells onto my yarn. It worked perfectly.

To attach your first bell -
create a slip knot and bring the first bell up to the knot.

chain 15 and bring the second bell up to the hook.

as you see.

chain 15 more and continue this process
until you have all the bells on that you want.

another view of bell sandwiched between a chain 15 and
the beginning of the next chain 15.

at the end tie on a last bell,
pull tight and cut off extra.
Do the same at the beginning.


 
I can't wait to get more of these made up in both red & green.
 
Christmas will be here before we know it and I will get to
decorate with these. Can't wait!!!!
 
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun
it is to ride
in a one horse open sleigh,
hey.
 
Wishing y'all a beautiful day,
May God bless all y'alls hearts.
Jme


No comments:

Post a Comment