Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Basic 5-petal blossom

I wanted to show y'all another small
blossom I have been working up this week.
I began these as a project to help a friend out who will be raising money
for her daughters Dance/Ballet school.
 
She had asked if I would be interested in sending them
some cute stuff to sell to raise some funds.
I of course said YES.
 
So here they are. Only 4 so far :)
I will be adding these to some ribbon lined alligator clips.
 
 
If you would like to make some of these yourself -
Here is what you will need -
 
 
(do you see my mason jar lid above? another project I am working on. I have about 20 of these
to work up. Once I finish them I will share what I'm doing with y'all. You will not see that
ugly gold when I'm done. Can't wait to get them done.)
 
I used a size 3 shimmer yarn
size F/ 3.75mm hook
small faux pearls or other beads of your choice
 
you can use any yarn you like
this would be perfect to use up those leftovers.
Just use a hook appropriate for your yarn size.
Remember the larger the yarn size, the larger the outcome of your blossom.
 
 
I followed this tutorial by Karen over at Todolwen: old to new Blog
I followed it exactly as she has wrote. She includes a diagram and a written pattern.
The one thing I did do different is I used a larger yarn. She uses a size 10 crochet thread.
Which I did use at first. But I currently only have that
in a light pink and I was looking for some cute colorful flowers
for the clips. So I turned to my favorite yarn - the Shimmer Yarn.
 
 






 

I hope y'all enjoy this little blossom pattern.
I would love to see what y'all come up with.
Feel free to comment below or email me with any
questions or to share your own work.
 
Wishing y'all a beautiful day,
May God bless all y'alls hearts.
Jme


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment