Sunday, September 16, 2012

For the LOVE of Charity ...

As I am awake hoping through some of my favorite blogs, I came across Raising up Rubies (one of my new favorites) and spotted a website that I just had to look into. Immediately I was drawn into it by the name Dress a Girl Around the World. Not knowing what it was I instantly saw me sewing dresses for little girls to be wearing. Then not to my surprise that is exactly what it is for.


If you can sew and you would LOVE to help in dressing girls in America and around the world you should look into this. Simple dresses like Pillowcase dresses & tee shirt dresses - those are easy to make up and fast to sew. Just imagine yourself sitting among your friends and all of you sewing a few. Lets just say you and 4 friends spend an evening sewing just 4 dresses a piece; that is 20 girls you will be dressing somewhere. Building their self-esteem.

You are allowed to be creative within their guidelines. My mind is already running with some cute ideas. I have also wrote them to find out if they would be interested in matching headbands, headkerchiefs, and rag dolls even. They mention sewing on pockets for the girls; what about a little doll tucked away in a pocket. What a fun surprise that would be for them.

Let your heart run free with this idea .. get involved .. touch a little girl around the world with something so simple as a NEW dress for her to wear and feel pretty in. Oh girlie I can't wait. :)

Wishing y'all a wonderful day,
May God Bless all y'alls hearts,
Jme

No comments:

Post a Comment