Thursday, September 6, 2012

PLAYDOUGH Pancakes from Scratch ... Yummy

Why are these called Playdough Pancakes ... well that is because we haven't seen any others out there like them before or since & they look like playdough. teehee

 
Recipe -
 
This is the original recipe I have used for years and I have NO IDEA where it came from. So I don't take credit for actually creating the recipe. However, my kiddos LOVE them.
 
2 eggs
1-1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
Food Coloring
 
**I double this recipe for our family of 6.
 
Blend eggs, milk and vanilla in a blender for about 3 minutes (you can mix by hand if you rather)
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Gently mix in egg mixture and gently stir until completely mixed.
Scoop out a portion into several bowls if you are making multiple colors. Add your desired amount of food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
Let the batter rest for a little while you heat up your griddle or skillet.
 
*I use a roughly 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.

 
UPDATE - I just realized these photos were not made by THIS recipe. Oops, sorry. I will update photos once I make these Playdough pancakes again (wont be long). The above photos were made using another recipe I USE to use. Then the kiddos started liking THIS recipe better. This recipe makes thinner pancakes which they seem to enjoy more and can eat more of. hee hee

We eat these atleast once a week. Each kid has their favorite color or mix of colors they prefer. I ALWAYS eat PINK. Daddy does not refuses to eat Playdough Pancakes. As if they will taste different or something. Mmmm, what an idea that gives me.

The very first time we did this we made waffles using a waffle maker. Oh my they were Awesome. I did Red & Black for the hubs. Cut each in triangles and then reassembled them in a pattern. That was the ONLY time he ate our Playdough FUN!!! hee hee

 
UPDATE - Here are the Playdough Pancakes
using THIS recipe from above.


Lime Green

Green

Turquoise Blue

Purple
 
And here they are plain -
 
 





Enjoy cooking,
May God Bless all y'alls hearts.
J-me



No comments:

Post a Comment